nephra good neighbours
Registered Charity No. 1160433.
NEPHRA Good Neighbours is an established, volunteer based community organisation founded in August 2004.
We are based in the New Moston area of Manchester, currently over two sites. Our Head Quarters is based at 27 Parkfield Rd North, and we also have our Community Allotment Space on Northfield Rd.
We run a varied weekly timetable of classes and events, in addition to providing a successful meals on wheels service, a befriending scheme and a popular lunch club.
We arrange regular holidays and day trips and offer community workshops and opportunities for people to volunteer with us.
We believe that every person should have access to services and feel connected to their community
We aim to:
- improve people’s lives by offering opportunities for volunteering, social interaction and recreation
- collectively enhance skills via participation in education and training.
- improve the resilience of individuals and the community, reducing loneliness and isolation and allowing people to thrive.
- put people first.
- promote health and wellbeing.
- ensure that our service provision is of the highest quality.
- ensure that our service users feel safe and supported.
We have a team of dedicated volunteers, who all play vital roles within our organisation, from preparing or delivering meals, to working on our allotment, assisting with our classes or befriending our older service users.
If you would like more information about volunteering opportunities with NEPHRA, then please get in touch.