The iPad is a very popular and highly portable touch screen tablet PC made by Apple.
Nephra’s iPad users are a friendly bunch, and each and every one of them has started from scratch. From mastering the absolute basics – switching the device on/off and learning simple navigation skills – our users now enjoy full and independent use of their devices at home. They meet in two classes, supported by two experienced community ICT tutors who are always happy to answer any questions you might have, or remove any stumbling blocks you experience.
The multi-level users meet each week to explore the iPad’s many different features and uses which generally includes how to:
- Keep in touch with friends and family via email or live video/phone calls – share photos, videos and links to things of interest
- Surf the Internet effectively – keep abreast of the News, hunt for the best bargains online or try your hand at a new hobby
- Watch Films or catch up on TV programmes you may have missed
- Reserve and read books via Manchester Public Libraries online – all you need is your Library card!
- Personalise the iPad with a range of Apps that meet your own individual interests, from the many thousands available for free or very little cost indeed
We currently facilitate TWO groups:
- Wednesday 10.00 – 12 noon (suitable for beginners)
- Wednesday 12.30 – 2.30 pm (for intermediate users)
Where – Nephra HQ (see map opposite)
Cost – £2.50 includes refreshments
For more information please Contact Us