The allotment has been recognised as an important and inspirational regional and international allotment site. It attracts visitors and allotment holders who wish to learn about community allotments and community food schemes. Activities at the Allotment have included:
- Community Payback schemes to clear up “grot-spots” and provide opportunities further training and qualifications
- Brightening up the neighbourhood schemes – growing flowers, shrubs and herbs for planters and hanging baskets
- Growing food for the luncheon club
- Children’s gardening club and Children’s Environmental fun days
- Grow, cook and taste sessions
- Fundraising and community events – bringing the community together to raise its own funds for community action and improvement.