Do you need help with small DIY jobs around the house or garden? Our Handy Helper Scheme could be just what you need!
Funded by the National Lottery, Glen has joined the NEPHRA Team as our “Handy Helper”. He has a background of more than 20 years experience of property maintenance and can deal with a wide variety of jobs.
NEPHRA understand that trying to find a trustworthy local person tradesperson, who is happy to do small, every day jobs can be difficult. We know that our older clients are particularly worried about “scammers” and “rogue traders”. Our Handy Helper scheme can eliminate these fears. Glen has a full DBS/police check and is fully insured for your piece of mind, and the Handy Helper Scheme is open to all NEPHRA Service Users.
Glen can help with a variety of jobs:
- Small DIY/Basic repair work – e.g. putting up curtain rails, shelves, pictures, flat pack furniture assembly
- Basic Garden Maintenance – e.g. lawn mowing (accesses to own mower required), weeding etc.
- Safety measures – e.g. fitting smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and grab rails
- Home security – e.g. installation/repair of door and window locks, door chains and door viewers
- Energy efficiency checks: installation of draught excluders, radiator heat reflectors ad energy efficient light bulbs.
Clients are required to cover the costs of materials plus a nominal fee, which is payable to NEPHRA, enabling us to continue our charity work within the community and to sustain this service.
Free quotes for work are available by contacting Glen on 07564 053763, by popping into NEPHRA HQ to complete a booking form, or by completing our ONLINE BOOKING FORM.
If you have any further please get in touch!