The allotment has been recognised as an important and inspirational, regional and international allotment site. It attracts visitors and allotment holders who wish to learn about community allotments and community food schemes. Activities at the Allotment have included:
- Community Payback schemes to clear up “grot-spots” and provide opportunities further training and qualifications
- Brightening up the neighbourhood schemes – growing flowers, shrubs and herbs for planters and hanging baskets
- Growing food for the luncheon club
- Growing fruit and vegetables to make our delicious jams and chutneys
- Children’s gardening club and Children’s Environmental fun days
- Grow, cook and taste sessions
- Fundraising and community events – bringing the community together to raise its own funds for community action and improvement.
Would you like to gain valuable experience in developing and maintaining an allotment? Or perhaps you know someone interested in growing a wide range of fruit and vegetables? If so, please get in touch. Dena, our amazing Head Gardener and Chairperson of Nephra HQ, is looking to mentor the right people. If you think you have what it takes look after our allotment garden, please let us know.
Call Claire on 07542 233600 or drop us a line via the message feature on our Contact page